Wednesday, November 7, 2007

File Under: WTF?

I was at the VFW the other night to go over some things with our Auxiliary treasurer, and when we finished we went out to the canteen area and chatted for a bit.  There were only three or four other members there; a slow night by VFW standards.  One of the members present was C, a regular.  She was there when I got there, and knowing her, she had probably been there a few hours.  The Treasurer and I had been sitting there for just a few minutes when C got up to leave.  She asked the bartender "Get my bag for me." and the bartender went into the walk-in refrigerator and came out with a plastic grocery bag that was about half full.  C got her bag and started to walk out of the canteen and turned back and said "I'm gonna go home and make me some stew."  She was going to make this stew out of the contents of the plastic grocery bag, which we found out later to be a dead squirrel.  I don't know where she got the dead squirrel, and honestly, I didn't want to find out.  I do know that I will not be eating nor drinking anything that has been refrigerated in the walk-in. 

No comments: