Monday, November 5, 2007

Loss? What Loss?

Warning: The following material may not be suitable for Indianapolis Colts fans.

I'm sorry to say that I was beat again yesterday in our fantasy football league at work.  My record is still 6-3, which is over twice as many wins as I had in all of last season.  But I didn't mind losing at all yesterday because the Colts lost, too.  You already know I love the Titans and will root for them no matter what.  I also root for whatever team is playing against the Indianapolis Colts.  So yesterday afternoon, I was pulling for the New England Patriots in their big game against the Colts.  Going into the game, both teams were undefeated.  Not any more.

There's no real reason for me to not like the Colts, other than the fact that I don't like Peyton Manning.  And I don't like his brother Eli either, for that matter. But I digress.  I actually did like the Colts at one time -- back when they were in Baltimore.  I had a Colts jacket and all kinds of Colts items, courtesy of our neighbor's brother who lived in Baltimore.  Whenever he would come to The 'Ville to visit, he'd always bring me some type of Baltimore Colts item.  Then they moved to Indy and got Peyton Manning for a quarterback and that's when we parted ways.

Way to go Patriots -- to us anti-Colts fans, your win yesterday was as big as a win in the Super Bowl. 

No comments: