Saturday, January 30, 2010

Winter Storm 2010, #2


The weatherazzi have been working overtime this week, and ever since Tuesday morning they have been getting everybody all worked up into what I call a "snowgasm" over last night's snow. They were predicting anywhere from a dusting to a foot of snow in Kentucky. The snow started here in the 'Ville at around midnight, and this morning when we woke at The Compound, we had 3.5 inches (according to the official snow measurer at The Compound, Mom).

We were eating breakfast when we heard our neighbor PS fire up his snow blower, and before we knew it, he was down in our lonnnng driveway clearing it off for us. We like to think of it as a belated birthday present. The above picture was taken while he was clearning off the drive, and by this afternoon, a lot of the remaining snow on the driveway had melted. But now we have the coldest night of the winter season to deal with - the weatherazzi said that in the suburbs we can expect temperatures at or slightly below zero. Yes, zero.

I was antsy yesterday afternoon and evening, wondering when the snow would start and how much we would get. So when I saw the snowfall this morning, I was ecstatic. I love the snow, and what a better way to cap off an awesome week of vacation then to get a decent snow. The only thing I can say is I can't wait till we get another one.

No comments: