Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New Recipe Tuesday

My friend LR graciously does all of the cooking for the mega meals at church and I so look forward to the quarterly breakfast meetings of the WOWS group at church because I know she will have an awesome breakfast fixed. She knows I love this dish and she fixes it often just for me. I have to admit that up until a couple of years ago I hated spinach and wouldn't go anywhere near anything with spinach in it. Now I can't get enough of it. Here's LR's awesome recipe for Crustless Spinach Quiche. It most definitely gets the TWIT Seal of Approval.
Crustless Spinach Quiche

1T oil or butter
1 onion, chopped
1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/8 tsp. nutmeg (to enhance taste of spinach)
5 eggs, beaten
3 cups shredded Muenster cheese (or any combination you might like) [I’ve used a combo of muenster, cheddar and provolone before)
¼ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan.

Heat oil/butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Stir in spinach and nutmeg and continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated.

In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, salt and pepper. Add spinach mixture and stir to blend. Scoop into prepared pie pan.

Bake in preheated oven until eggs have set, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 min. before serving.

Forlarger pans:
x2 fits in ½ chafer pan or 9 x 13 casserole

x4 fits nicely in a full-size shallow chafer.

Notes on this recipe had some users adding garlic or using other combos of veggies.

No comments: