Saturday, January 2, 2010

Am I The Only One That Doesn't Care?

As I type this, it's 3:44 in the afternoon, and the annual "Battle For The Bluegrass" basketball game between UK and U of L is underway. And I don't care.

Let me give a bit of background first. I was raised in a nonpartisan family - we didn't like nor dislike UK and U of L; we watched some of their games, and rooted for them whenever we watched them. But unlike most of the families in the 'Ville and pretty much the state, we were never a diehard U of L or UK fanatic family. We just never got into college basketball. I know that puts us in the minority, and we're perfectly fine with it.

The only UK or U of L clothing I own is a red U of L sweatshirt that I bought 8 years ago as part of a Halloween costume, and just kept the shirt because I paid good money for it. Come to think of it, the 'Rents don't own any UK nor U of L clothing, either.

For those that are so fanatic about either UK or U of L, good on ya. I'm glad that you're passionate about something. But for me and my family, we just don't care.

No comments: