Saturday, January 9, 2010

BRRRRR Update

It's still cold here at The Compound and in the 'Ville. So called, that this is the fifth day in a row that I've worn thermal underwear. That in itself should tell you how cold it is -- coming from someone who is hot-blooded and usually has the vent closed in her bedroom in the winter because she likes it cool. But it's been very warm at The Compound - ever since the first of the week the 'Rents have kept the Buck Stove fireplace insert going all day and it's kept the family room and dining room very warm. So warm that this week was the first time I've seen my Mother wear a short-sleeve t-shirt since August. Yes, it's been that warm.

And I'm very happy to report that the Blazer is just as warm, thanks to our good friends at Dohn's Automotive Repair. I picked it up after work yesterday and after just a few minutes I was cutting back the heat because it was getting a bit too warm. Sure, I had to peel for the repair but after driving around this week with no heat I didn't care.

No comments: