Thursday, January 7, 2010

Winter Storm #1

Actually, "Winter Storm" is a tad over-the-top, but since this is my blog, I can call it whatever I want. And with the way the weatherazzi was billing this, I think it qualifies as a winter storm. For almost a week now, the weatherazzi had been telling us that we would have our first accumulating snow today, and darned if they weren't right. On Tuesday, reports started trickling in of anywhere from 2 to 5 inches of snow by the time it moved out on Friday. They said it would start before dawn, and yep, they were right again. The snow started at about 6:00 this morning, and snowed pretty much most of the day. At The Compound, the official snowfall was 3 inches. Dad reported that the Troybilt snowblower did great once again.

Traffic was horrible but that's to be expected here in Louisville when it snows. Actually, traffic is horrible even when it's not snowing. But I digress. My normal morning commute is usually 15 minutes; this morning it took 50 minutes. But I made it to and from work safe and sound, and as soon as I finish typing this I'm taking my school book and going to park myself in front of the fireplace and read.

No comments: