Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Take A Look At My Store

On the way home from work I made a quick trip to the local Dollar General Store in the 'hood to pick up a couple of things, and I discovered another "Why didn't I think of that?" moment. A few feet from the door was a guy with a cardboard box and as I was walking into the store, he asked me to "Take a look at my store" as he was motioning to the box. I told him I'd check it out on my way back out of the store. True to my word, on my way out back out to my car I stopped to check out his store. Inside the cardboard box he had 4 or 5 boxes of various Little Debbie cakes that he was selling for a quarter per cake. Now, if you take a minute to do the math, given the number of cakes in each box and the price for each box, he's making a pretty good profit selling each cake for a quarter a piece. I didn't need any Little Debbie's, but I bought one Oatmeal Cream cake for Dad. I admire the guy's entrepreneural spirit. I wish more people were like him.

No comments: