Friday, February 25, 2022

Where Hsve All The Good Men Gone?

What ever happened to being nice and helping people?  Evidently, some of my coworkers have forgotten all about those character traits. 

 

I didn’t pay attention this morning when I got out of the Odyessy in the parking lot and left the lights on.  When I went out at lunch to run an errand, I made this discovery.  But I digress. I limped back into the Engineering department (yes, my left knee is still hurting) and asked my friend AK if I could use the company’s jumper box.  He got it for me, and offered to come out and hook it up, but I told him I’d done it so many times on my old cars, I could do it with my eyes closed.  But the point I want to make there is that he offered to help.

 

Fast forward to a few minutes later when I was out there with the hood up on the van and connecting the cables to the battery.  Not one, not two, but four of my male coworkers all passed me by and did not help, or even ask if I needed help.  One of them was even parked right next to me in the parking lot.  It really pissed me off, but then I thought that they all will probably get bad karma from that. 

 

I told this to two of my best friends here, who in my opinion are two of the best guys I have ever been friends with, and both of them were pissed off.  One of them even asked if I would mind if he confronted those four.  I told him I appreciated his kind gesture, but I felt pretty confidant that all would get payback for being unkind.

 

 

 


No comments: