Sunday, February 27, 2022

Soup-er Sunday

The kitchen smells soupish right now.  The Old Man and I did some chopping and we have a big pot of vegetable soup on the stove.  

As a kid, I never would eat Grandma's vegetable soup.  She would give me mostly the broth with a few potato and meat chunks.  But with the recipe we use now, I do everything except lick the bowl.  One of our former pastor's wife gave us the recipe years and years ago when my Sweet Mother found out she was diabetic.  The recipe was endorsed by the American Diabetes Association, too.  And best of all with this recipe is the fact that other than potatoes and celery, the vegetables are all canned.  Yes, I know that they're of sodium, but the recipe doesn't call for any salt, and in stead calls for a couple of spoons of chicken base. 


 

No comments: