Wednesday, January 24, 2007

What A Disappointment

When we went to bed last night, the weatherazzi made mention of a "chance of snow flurries" over night.  Being here in the Ohio Valley, we know that that can mean anywhere from a dusting of snow to a foot.  We didn't know what to expect when we got up this morning.  Personally, I expected a few inches.  Imagine my disappointment when I got up and looked out our French doors to find only a a few flakes accumulated on the back porch ramp and on our neighbor Boots' car.  I should have been trudging through 3 or 4 inches of snow as I lugged the garbage bags out to the end of the driveway this morning. 

Officially, in the weatherazzi called it a "dusting of snow."  But it might as well have been an inch of ice; there were wrecks everywhere this morning - most of them on overpasses.  I'm sorry, but if you travel to work and drive over an overpass, then you already know that overpasses and bridges are the first to be freeze over and be slick.  So wouldn't you take extra precautions when there was a dusting of snow?  Apparently not, because in the eastern part of the county this morning, there was a 13 car pile-up.  Yep, 13 cars involved in a big wreck this morning.  Out of those 13 cars that were wrecked in that accident, I'd like to know what percentage of them travel that road every morning.  I'd venture to guess it was at least three-fourths of them.  You'd think they'd know better by now.  Apparently not.

No comments: