Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Consumer Product Safety Alert

It's going to take some getting used to this arctic weather that the Divas came back to - it was upper 60s and sunny while we were in Sin City, and when we got back to the Ville, it was in the teens.  What's up with that?  I've got a major case of jet lag, and have been freezing this evening once I heard that it's supposed to get down to 2 degrees this weekend.  But with this single-digit temperatures coming up in a few days, let me give you, my faithful readers a warning: be very careful about your cell phone.  I think my year-old Motorola Razr went into temperature shock this afternoon.  After being in the warm desert for DLV2, it didn't adjust to the frigid temperatures here at home very well.  For you see, this evening, the caller ID display screen shattered into pieces.  Yes, it shattered.  No, I didn't drop it nor slam it against anything.  It was safe in the pocket of my coat.  One minute it was fine when I was talking on it, and 5 minutes later when I took it out of my pocket to put on the charger, the screen was shattered.  All I could think [and say] was WTF? 

After making a few calls to Verizon, they said the best they could do was to have me wait until the end of March when I have one year left on my contract and they would let me do an early renewal and would "give" me a new Razr for $99 less a $50 rebate.  No thanks.  I immediately got on eBay and bought a new replacement screen and a set of tools to work on the phone for just a couple of bucks.  I'll keep you posted on how my phone repair goes.  And in the meanwhile, protect those cell phones in these cold temperatures.

No comments: