Monday, January 15, 2007

Mullet Watch

I'm very happy to report that we've had our first mullet sightings in the new year.  In the latest installment, we've got a record five to report; four are courtesy of TWIT's #1 Mullet Spotter, JMc, and one was just seen by yours truly less than a half an hour ago. Before we get to the reports, let's take care of a bit of housekeeping, shall we?  I took a short poll among my faithful readers, and the general consensus was to start a new Mullet Count for the new year.  For the record, we ended 2006 with 38 mullet sightings.  I know we will break that record in 2007.  No onto the sightings:

As stated earlier, the first four mullet sightings are brought to us by our #1 Mullet Spotter, JMc.  Here are his accounts:   The first mullet sighting was at the Valley Station Wal-Mart, excuse me LOWER Valley Station Wal-Mart.  The mullet actually worked there.  It was poodle curly on the front with gray mixed into the light brown color.  Full blown goatee finished the assemble.

The second mullet was located at the Kroger next door, but this mullet was on a chick.  It was dark brown in color, with no gray visable.  I'm guessing the brown was courtesy of Miss Clairol. 

The third mullet was sighted at a far away distant land known in CB lingo as Shaker Town.  That's right, in the San Francisco bay area.  It was spotted actually south of San Francisco in San Jose, which was pronounced San Josie from a Louisville Intergalactic Airport worker.  I was enjoying my meal at the local Outback bar when I spotted a light brown Rod Stewart spike mullet buying a couple of . . .anyone?. . . anyone?  You guessed it! Beers.  I like beer, too, though.

The fourth mullet was spotted at an apparent local hot spot for mullets, Kroger in LOWER Valley Station.  This one was on the skimpy side, being thin-haired and dirty blonde.  The mullet roosted on, a new term I learned during my trip to the San Francisco bay area, a bull dyke.

Thank you for your hard work as a faithful reader and reporter, JMc.  You rock.  Now onto my sighting just minutes ago.  I was getting gas on my way home when I spotted a female Mullet going into the convenient store.  It was an ordinary straight mullet, with no curls nor fanfare.  At one time, the entire mullet had been peroxide blonde, but that was months ago, for the top half of the mullet was brownish-gray, and the bottom half was peroxide blonde.

Mullet count: 5

 

No comments: