Saturday, January 6, 2007

File Under: WTF?

According to the weatherazzi, yesterday we had a record high of 68 degrees here in the 'Ville.  Yes, almost 70 degrees during the first week of January.  WTF?  In anticipation of the upcoming Divas Las Vegas II trip in a few short weeks, I've been watching the Las Vegas weather pretty close, and for the past few weeks it's been warmer here in Louisville than it has been in Las Vegas.  I know - it was hard for me to believe that it's been warmer here in the Ohio Valley than it has been in the desert in Nevada. 

From listening to the news this week, all kinds of things are out of sorts.  First of all, I saw robins out in the yard this past week; we normally don't see them until mid- or late March.  Second, I saw where the cherry blossoms are blooming in Washington DC this week.   The weatherazzi and scientists are blaming it on global warming and El Nino.  All I know is we haven't had any snow so far this season.  In fact, since I bought our snow blower two years ago, we haven't had any snow.  I guess it was good insurance, huh?  If we had a truck we could have packed up the snow blower and headed out west to Denver and made a fortune this winter. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Without having the ground frozen solid for a week or so, you can bet we'll be plagued with an over abundance of mosquitos and other insects this summer.