Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Parking Lot Watch

It's that time of the year again when our attention at work turns to this year's version of Parking Lot Watch.  In case you've forgotten, we watch the parking lot to see who bought a new or new-used car shortly after receiving our profit sharing checks.  Well, we received them yesterday, so the 2007 Parking Lot Watch has officially started.  We didn't actually get checks, though; effective January 1, we now get our paychecks by direct deposit.  So yesterday, all we physically got was a check stub, and the money was already in our checking accounts yesterday evening.  I'm sure a few co-workers probably went out car shopping after supper last night. 

There will be no new car purchase for yours truly this year, so if any of my co-workers are reading this (and I hope you are) you can scratch me off of your list of possible candidates.  Maybe next year.  Or the year after that.  Or the year after that.  I'll report back to you, faithful readers, who the winner of Parking Lot Watch 2007 is as soon we we see a new car out in the parking lot.  I'll even take a picture of it and post it for all to see.

No comments: