Tuesday, January 23, 2007

New Product Review

I love Campbell's chicken and noodle soup, just like most Americans.  So when I came across Campbell's microwavable soups, I thought I'd try one.  The label said "Just Heat And Sip" and the lid was a pop top -- much more convenient than spending half of my lunch trying to find our community can opener, plus I could heat it up in its own container instead of spending the other half of my lunch trying to find a bowl.  I thought the "Chicken and Mini Noodle" would be a good choice, figuring it would taste just like the old school chicken and noodle soup.  Boy was I wrong. 

I knew something was wrong when I stirred up after adding a few dashes of pepper.  It was very thick instead of watery like old school Campbells chicken and noodle soup.  Before I could taste it, a co-worker warned me that most of the mini noodles stayed on the bottom of the cup, so I would need a spoon.  I took a sip, just like the lablel said, and was very disappointed.  It tasted nothing like the Campbells chicken and noodle soup that I know and love.  This had a very weird taste - one that I can't describe.  I was hungry and drank/ate it, but I have to say I won't buy it again.  I will give Campbell's props for one thing, though - each of the "Soup At Hand" microwavable soups is less than 100 calories.  It was filling, I have to admit, but as I said, I won't buy it again.  Unfortunately, Campbell's Soup At Hand Chicken and Mini Noodles does not receive the TWIT seal of approval.

No comments: