Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Great Steamboat Race Review

A good time was had by all at the Great Steamboat Race party.  It started out very cool, but warmed up to about 70 by the afternoon and it was a gorgeous, sunny day on the river.  The SFs were very well behaved, and there was hardly any drama to report.  Actually, I was the cause of the only drama because I forgot the hot dogs.  But I ran over to a nearby grocery store and bought a couple of packs of Ball Park Franks and all was well. 

Our beloved Belle of Louisville won the race like we hoped, admid speculation of cheating.  Actually, there's no speculation to it -- she turned around way before the boats were supposed to. But a win is a win so we'll take it. 

I did some walking yesterday morning, and got more exercise in the afternoon after playing cornhole for a few hours.  For the record, I was the champion.  Actually, I'm not that good at cornhole; I really suck at it.  But the SFs sucked at worse than I did, so I was able to beat them. 

All in all, it was a great, peaceful day out on the river.  It sure beat working. 

No comments: