Monday, April 14, 2008

Gas Price Update

It was just a short time ago that I was telling you, my faithful readers, that I had paid the highest price per gallon of gas in my entire driving life.  If my memory is correct, it was $3.45 a gallon.  That record was broken this afternoon when I paid $3.56 per gallon on my way home from work. At first when I saw the signs driving home, it was a little hard to breathe.  But when the only other alternative is driving or riding my bicycle everywhere, I paid the $3.56 a gallon.  I like walking and riding my bike, but not that much. 

It was just a few months ago when they (note: "they", meaning the gas price experts) said that gas would be $4 a gallon by summer.  Folks, we're not that far from it right now.  I'm guessing that by Derby weekend, it will be at least $4 a gallon here in the 'Ville.  What a better way to welcome the tourists and horse race fans to our fair city than to gouge them at the gas pump.  Nothing says "welcome to our city" like senseless, extremely overpriced gas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN ~ and if we don't get those OIL men out soon, no telling how frigging high it will go.