Tuesday, April 29, 2008

File Under: WTF?

Once again, the weather is just bizarre here in the Ohio Valley.  By the end of last week, we were using the air conditioners in our cars and homes.  Then a cold front moved through and the high yesterday and today was in the upper 40's.  It makes no sense.  I could have sworn that I saw my breath this morning when I was walking toward the garage and made a detour to look at the first rose bloom on Nana's Rose Trellis in the backyard. 

It's Derby week, though, and historically the weather for Derby week has always been bizarre.  They're calling for rain on Friday and Saturday, which will wreak havoc on the people at the track, but it's supposed to be sunny and in the 70's tomorrow and Thursday, so we'll have great weather for the Steamboat Race and the Pegasus Parade respectively.

Speaking of the Steamboat Race, tomorrow is the annual cookout/party at Cox's Park on the banks of the Ohio River with my School Friends.  They've been on their best behavior lately, so I'm hoping for a drama-free day by the river.  In keeping with tradition, I'm sure something will happen tomorrow that I'll be able to write about in TWIT tomorrow night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I hope your friends and the weather will behave, LOL.  Look forward to reading about it.  

Anonymous said...

p.s. Ever watch the Home Improvement show, I swear the one they will be showing next week includes a nice fellow sporting none other than a version of a Mullet.....!