Sunday, April 20, 2008

Link Of The Week

As you all know (or should know) from reading Friday's breaking news entry in TWIT, we had an earthquake Friday morning here in the 'Ville.  Unlike a tornado or hurricane, unfortunatly the weatherazzi can't give out any advance warnings of earthquakes.  So I guess we're just on our own when it comes to quakes. 

In doing some research on earthquakes tonight, I came across an interesting website that could be helpful.  While it can't give warning of any pending earthquakes, it can give us up-to-the-minute info of where and when an earthquake happened.  Visit http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Quakes/quakes_all.php and check it out.  I was truly amazed that so many earthquakes happen.  After reading it, I'm glad I don't live in the Alleutian Islands in Alaska, where it seems most of the earthquakes occur. 

No comments: