Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I'm Doomed

Are Cell Phones Riskier Than Smoking?

March 31) -- Cell phones could kill more people than smoking or asbestos exposure, according to an award-winning Australian cancer expert who was trained at the Mayo Clinic in the United States.

The Independent, a British newspaper, reported that the doctor, Vini Khurana, based his findings on more than 100 studies on the effects of cell phone use.

"There is a significant and increasing body of evidence for a link between mobile phone usage and certain brain tumours," he said in The Independent. Evidence shows that using cell phones for 10 years or more can double a person's risk of brain cancer, the newspaper reported.

Well, I guess I'm doomed.  I use my cell phone a lot, and I've had it for more than the mentioned 10 years.  I only pray that the people around me the most -- the 'Rents and Diva Stacy -- won't become innocent victims of second hand cell phone use. 

 

No comments: