Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Parents Say The Darnedest Things

Things overheard in the waiting room at a local vision care supercenter.

Things said by parents/adults to small children:

"I'm going to knock you out!"
"I'm going to beat you up!"
"I'm going to beat your a$$!"
"Shut up!" (heard at least 25 times)
"You don't want me to take you into that restroom!"
"Do you want me to take you into that restroom?"
"Say no ma'am.....SAY IT!"


Things said by parents/adults to other parents/adults, overheard in same
waiting room:

"If he was mine, I wouldn't give him no warning, I'd beat his a$$" "When I was little if I didn't do what I was told I got my a$$ kicked clear across the room!"
"He's big enough now, I can just throw something and hit him with it!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can remember being told if you don't quit crying I'm going to give you something to cry about.............

Anonymous said...

I'm still amused when watching "Leave It To Beaver" and Wally proclaims to a conniving Eddie Haskell that "If I ever did that, Dad (Ward) would knock me in the puss!"  Of course, he was implying a blow to the mouth but it is still amazing how terms have evolved since the 1960s.