Friday, July 1, 2005

I Can't Get A Break

Actually, I'm not frustrated; disgusted is the word I would use if it were in the drop-down menu for "mood" in today's entry of TWIT.  I'm sitting here at home at my computer desk, where I am supposed to be enjoying my vacation day, and am supposed to be looking forward to a long weekend, but I am disgusted.  I just finished having the BMW towed home from the Wal-Mart parking lot.  It doesn't get much worse than that, folks.  I know - it could be a lot worse.  But to me right now at 3:12 in the afternoon, it seems as bad as it could be.

After a quick consultation via cell phone with my mechanic and with the tow-truck driver, we've determined that the malfunction is a loose or broken power steering line/hose.  All I can think about is how I will be hemorrhaging money again soon.  Once word gets out, I'll have to endure the razzing by my friends and co-workers about 1) my BMW being a money pit; 2) putting the BMW in the shop yet again; and 3) will the shop keep it for a month?

There are a few positive things about this unfortunate incident, however.  First and foremost, I wasn't in an accident.  I had been running errands literally all over the city and southern Indiana today, and I am thankful that the Lord let me get almost home before it happened; it could have easily happened when I was out on I-64 or in downtown. I had pulled off of Dixie Highway into the side street leading to Wal-Mart, when I noticed a loud moan when I put on the brakes.  As I pulled into the parking lot, the moan got louder, and then it became hard as hell to steer the car.  I was able to maneuver and get into a parking spot (an end spot, too) and got out to look at the car (like I would know what I was looking for.) I saw a big puddle of something near the back tire, and quickly assessed it to be power steering fluid.  I called AAA and then went in to do my shopping; I figured that since I was there I might as well get what I came for.  The bright side thing about this is earlier this week, I put the Blazer in the shop for a tune-up and a/c recharge, so now it's in A-1 condition.  So thank goodness I have it to drive until I get this fixed. 

I'll keep everyone posted, and will let you know the dignosi$ once I find out what the problem is. 

 

No comments: