Friday, July 15, 2005

Get Well Soon, Brad and Jennifer

Is it just me, or does anyone else think it's a bit odd that Brad Pitt and his soon-to-be-ex-wife Jennifer Aniston were both sick at the same time this week?

Brad Pitt checked himself into the hospital Monday night with flu-like symptoms and was dianosed with viral meningitis.  He was released from the hospital Wednesday.  Jennifer Anniston collapsed on the set of her new movie [appropriately titled] "The Break Up."  She collapsed after complaining of nausea and severe headaches.  She was officially diagnosed with heatstroke, but workers on the set insist the star passed out because she was distraught after hearing that her soon-to-be-ex-husband Brad had accompanied his alleged girlfriend Angelina Jolie to Ethiopia where she picked up a baby girl she adopted.  You know, that would probably make me pass out, too.

I did some quick research, and found that viral meningitis is prevalent in some parts of Africa, so it's entirely possible that Brad could have caught it on one of his trips to Africa.  I just hope he didn't cough or sneeze on Angelina or her kids, or else they might catch it, too.  As for Jennifer's heatstroke, all I can say is if I were her, I'd be hiring me some new assistants or getting a different entourage. You'd think they would have been looking out for her, and at least have given her a couple bottles of Evian or Pellagrino so she wouldn't dehydrate in the heat.

No comments: