Monday, July 4, 2005

Freedom?

Our country's focus today is on freedom and independance. The United States has both today, but unfortunately, here at The Compound, I do not.  I spent 2 hours this morning watering the gardens again, but this time, I used my new "Deluxe Turbo Oscillating Sprinkler."  After a morning of trial and error, which resulted in me looking like I've been mud wrestling, I think I have the pattern down.  Wednesday when I water again, it shouldn't take two hours, nor will I end up looking like Pig Pen from The Peanuts gang. 

I'm ashamed to admit that a woman with a Master's degree didn't have sense enough to place the sprinkler far back in the garden, and then move it up toward the gate.  (That's where my Pig Pen impersonation came in.)  But after some adjustments and maneuvering, the rest of the week's watering will be a breeze. 

I'm happy to report that this morning's gardening was accident-free.  The donkeys still were looking at me as if to say "WTF?" but they kept me company while I was gardening.  If only I could have taught them to drag the garden hose, but they would probably end up eating it. 

I hope everyone has/had a safe and happy Fourth of July.  God bless our troops and our country's leaders, and God bless America.

No comments: