Sunday, July 31, 2005

Link Of The Week

In the year that I've been blogging, I've read hundreds of different blogs; some I put in favorite places so I could check back every day; a few outstanding blogs made it to TWIT as required reading; most weren't the effort. I came across a blog this week that is one of the best blogs I've read. Once I get her permission, she's going in the required reading section.  It's written by a woman who's a caterer and chef.  Her blog is titled "The Diary Of A Food Whore."

Don't turn your noses up at the title of her blog - once you read her explanation, it makes perfect sense.  She says that by definition, a prostitute, or in this case, a whore, is a person who sells their abilities and talents for money, or is a person who compromises theirself for money.  Her talent is being a caterer, and she does it for money.  And after reading her blog, you will see how she compromises herself to keep her client, or in the blog, her "trick," happy. 

I sat for hours the other night reading her archives, and would have stayed up longer if I'd had the next day off.  Check her out for yourself at http://www.thefoodwhore.com.  I think it's apropos that I found her site on the anniversary of TWIT.  She's given me new inspiration for another year of blogging. 

No comments: