Sunday, July 10, 2005

Link Of The Week

It's been almost 7 months since I got my new laptop, and I'm still in the honeymoon phase with it. Aside from the DVD burner and the light weight, the coolest thing about my laptop is the wireless internet connection.  It rocks.  I love being able to take it to any room in the house and be able to get online.  The router and modem will even connect when I take the laptop outside.  I even got a good strong connection when I experimented and took the laptop out to the donkey's barn.  They sniffed at the laptop, but weren't real impressed. 

More and more, we see restaurants, coffee shops, and bars offering wireless connection. As with most things, it's usually not free. Starbucks charges $9.95 for connection for one day.  Nope, it's not for 24 hours that you could use an hour here and an hour there.  Unless you plan on staying at the Starbucks all day long to get your money's worth,  you're going to fork over almost ten bucks just to get online one time.  Not worth it to me. 

If you're going to be traveling out of town, or if you simply would like to see where there is free wireless internet connection where you live, you can find out at http://www.metrofreefi.com.  Just click on the state you want, and then look for the city you want in a drop down menu.  The site will bring up a listing and a map of all of the places that have free wireless connection.  How cool is that?

No comments: