Monday, July 25, 2005

Gas Hike Monday

It's been a few months since I've posted "Gas Price Update" - mainly, because the prices have been basically high everywhere.  In keeping with the tradition of my bad luck,  for the past few months the gas prices have gone down the day after I fill up, and gone up the day when I need to fill up.  It makes no sense, so I won't waste space trying to reason it all out.  But the large spikes in prices still hack me, and everyone else, off. 

Case in point, today. This weekend, every person I talked to was excited about how the gas prices have really been "low" for the past few days; low meaning $2.06, give or take two cents.  I even saw it a few places Saturday night for $2.04.  But do you think I took the time to stop and fill up the BMW? Why heavens no.  This morning on the way to work, I saw $2.08 a gallon.  This afternoon on the way home, I saw $2.28.  WTF?  That's all I can say.  I've not been keeping track of this so I can't verify, but a  friend said that the stations have been raising the prices on Mondays ever since the prices started going up back in March.  I think she's right.

No comments: