Monday, July 25, 2016

Life Day Eve

I was really happy because Life Day Eve and the Annual Dainty Contest was on the same day.  But Mother Nature had other plans.  It started raining early afternoon, and to make a long story short, I sat in the old Blazer for over two hours in the steady rain, waiting for it to let up and let the Dainty Contest start.  They weren't selling beer yet; they weren't selling the Dainty Meal yet (bologna sandwich, bag of chips, and a giant dill pickle) and they weren't selling Kentucky Lottery tickets yet.  So I said to hell with it and left. 

By the time I got home, I got a text from a friend who was down there at the Dainy Contest, and they said that it had just started while a heavy drizzle was going on.  I was not in the mood to drive a half an hour back down to Schnitzleburg and attend.  Better luck next year.

No comments: