Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Happy Life Day To Me

Another year has passed, and once again I am so thankful that I am able to celebrate Life Day today. 

In case you don't know, today is what I call Life Day. On this day in 1992, I was in a head-on wreck, and was almost killed. My right foot had to be rebuilt, but thanks to the Lord and my orthopedic surgeon, I'm fine. After the surgery, they thought that they would have to go back in and fuse my ankle, which meant I would have walked like Chester from "Gunsmoke" for the rest of my life. But the Lord had other plans. So on this day every year, I do something fun and awesome to celebrate Life Day. A few years ago, Diva Stacy  and I went to see Heart from the second row to celebrate. Last year, the 'Rents and I took a day trip. This year, I decided it's only fitting that I celebrate my Life Day by walking. More importantly, being thankful that I can walk with no pain or difficulty. Walking is something that we take for granted until we're not able to do it. So today as I get my steps in, I'm going to be happy and extra thankful.  I didn't even mind the heat as much today as I walked. 

No comments: