Saturday, December 3, 2011

Taking A Second Look

Since Thanksgiving, I've gotten into Christmas mode.  Today, it's almost full-tilt. The Compound is decorated, the office is decorated, we've watched a few Christmas show, and we've been listening to Christmas music all week long at work. I guess I've got Christmas on my brain, because for the past week, everytime I've read a news headline that mentions Newt Gingrich, I've had to do a double-take because at first glance, I thought it said "The Grinch."  Take a headline on the AOL news page earlier this week -  "Will Gingrich Usher In A New Compassionate Conservative Era?"  I had to look twice because I thought it said "Will The Grinch Usher In A New Compassionate Conservative Era?"  And today on AOL, another headline said "Gingrich Clarifies Position on Personhood."  I thought for sure it said "Grinch Clarifies Position on Personhood."

Before you start bashing me, this post is strictly bi-partisan.  I'm not making a comparison between Newt Gingrich and the Grinch Who Stole Christmas.  I'm merely saying that their two names have made me do a double-take, that's all.

No comments: