Friday, December 2, 2011

Flashback Friday

It's only December 2, and we have Christmas in just about 99% full tilt here at The Compound.  The only thing left we have to do is put up my tree in the living room.  But I digress.  We usually don't have Christmas decorations out early, but we do have our favorite Arby's Currier and Ives glasses out a few days before Thanksgiving, just so we can get a lot of use. 

Ever since I can remember, I've always liked glasses and coffee cups.  And nothing makes me happier thank drinking my egg nog or any other beverage out of our Currier and Ives glasses during the holidays.  We've had these glasses for at least 25 or more years.  That in itself is newsworthy - given the fact that we've kept them around that long without breaking them.

I remember when we got the above glasses.  Dad, Grandma and I were out shopping one night and stopped at Arby's for some carryout (that was when carryout wasn't cool) and I remember bugging the crap out of them until they bought a set of the glasses.  Just one glass was not going to suffice; we had to have a full set.  And of course, they bought them for me.

I picked up Arby's carryout for supper tonight, and in honor of all things old school, Mom got out the glasses for us to use.  Sure, they're small and only hold 6 or 8 ounces, but we still used them. 

Tomorrow morning,  I will make sure that we use our Arby's Currier and Ives coffee mugs!

No comments: