Monday, December 20, 2010

Vehicle Update

It's been awhile since I've had to put one of the vehicles in the shop, so I'm sure you've been missing the report$. Not to worry - I've got an update today. As I mentioned on Saturday, the Blazer's turn signals haven't been working since late last week. I took it on Thursday to a shop that a friend recommended that was able to look at it. Well, no luck. The shop specializes in brakes and exhaust systems and was going to look at it as a favor. But they said it was "too involved" for them. The next day at work, one of my coworkers pointed out the fact that I had the Blazer in the shop earlier this year to have the turn signals fixed. My old mind had forgotten about that. I called the shop that did that work (luckily it's about a mile from work) and sure enough they fixed it back in the spring. They said to bring it in today and they'd fix it again and wouldn't charge me. While I was being inconvenienced, I told them to change the oil and check the rest of the vital parts out for me, and to check out the 4WD, which hasn't worked in about a year.

They called this afternoon to say that the turn signals now worked, the oil had been changed, other filters had been changed, and that the only thing wrong with the 4WD was a switch. They said they'd have me back in business tomorrow afternoon. For the first time in ages, the total of repairs was well under our normal $400 cap -- only $203. You don't know how happy that made me.

All I can say is that mabe this weekend I'll get the chance to try out the 4WD switch if we get the big Christmas Eve snow like they're predicting. As always, I'll keep you posted.

No comments: