Friday, December 24, 2010

Flashback Friday


When I was little, one of the things I could always count on getting for Christmas (besides new socks) was a Lifesavers Book. Sometimes I would get one at school when we would exchange gifts in our class; other times, there would be one in my stocking Christmas morning. Isn't it cool how Santa always knew to get me a Lifesavers Book when I didn't get one at school? Anyhoo, it's been years and years since I've gotten one, and I was sure that they didn't make them anymore until I saw them in the stores this holiday season.


With all of the electronic, computer and video stuff the kids get for Christmas these days, I guess they would think a Lifesavers Book was lame. My friends and I sure didn't. We loved the book. And in typical kid fashion, we would trade the rolls we didn't like. Butter Rum was always my favorite, and luckily for me, the friends that I traded with didn't like that flavor so I was always able to trade for their Buttered Rum Lifesavers. Nobody would give up everyone's favorite Wild Cherry, though.

No comments: