Monday, December 27, 2010

Another One Bites The Dust

As I write this, I feel horrible. When I was clearing the dishes from the table and the pots and pans from the stove, I dropped and broke one of our beloved antique Club Aluminum pans. Clarification - the indestructible Club Aluminum pan didn't break; the heavy plastic handle did. I felt terrible. We'd had this set of pans for as long as I can remember. I was almost hysterical over breaking it and Mom was just "no big deal." Of course, the first thing I did was run to the computer and get on eBay and order a replacement handle for it, only to have Mom fuss at me for doing so. She said that she had a new Ove Glove that she got for Christmas and that would be just fine for the pan; she didn't need the handle. But I still felt bad and will still feel bad about it until the replacement handle arrives in the mail and I can get it screwed back on to the pan.

No comments: