Wednesday, December 22, 2010

All I Want For Christmas . . . Is To Rest

It's been a rough and busy few weeks, faithful readers. Hell, it's been a rough and busy year, with school and with everything that's gone on at work in the past year. I don't even want to try to add up all of the times that I've been to a store since Sunday night; I think the total would shock even the most diehard shopper. It's not just for Christmas presants for my family - a couple of years ago, the 'Rents and I decided we were not going to have a "capitalistic Christmas" and we scaled way back on our spending and gift giving. And we kept the same tradition this year; only I've been running around trying to get last minute special grocery items for a big salad that I want to make (and you know I don't cook) and things for a special project that me and the SF's do every Christmas in lieu of exchanging gifts. We buy things for two girls at the Maryhurst home/school for troubled teenage girls. Sure, I'm tired from running around but at the same time I'm thrilled that I have a job that gives me enough money to be able to buy some things so these two teenage girls that are living at the school will have a good Christmas. To me, that's what it's all about.

So getting back to me, all I really want for Christmas this year is to rest. Other than delivering the gifts to Maryhurst tomorrow night, that's the extent of my Christmas traveling until Sunday. I'm planning on staying in my pajamas all day on Christmas day, too. So be forwarned if you decide to stop in and visit.

No comments: