Saturday, July 22, 2006

Summer Vacation Update

All good things must come to an end, and so is the same with Puddin's Summer Vacation.  I'm heading home in a couple of hours, and will be back in the 'Ville before you know it.  It's been a great, restful week.  With drama going on at work, church, the VFW and all parts in between, I sure needed a week away from everything to regroup and get my batteries recharged. 

The culmination of Puddin's Summer Vacation was last night - front row and a VIP pass to the Reba McEntire concert at the Las Vegas Hilton.  I'll post more on that early next week, after I've had time to sort through all of the pictures I took of the concert and to get Diva Stacy to scan the picture taken of Reba and me after the concert at the meet-and-greet.  I've been a huge Reba fan ever since she released her first album in the late 70's, and it's been a dream of mine to get to meet her.  Now that dream has come true.

It's another hot day here in Sin City - they're calling for a high of 108.  I was outside earlier and it was hotter than Egypt already.  After a few calls back home this morning, I'm very happy to hear that the weather is cooler at home than when I left.  But after yesterday's walk through the desert, I think I'll never complain about it being hot again.

No comments: