Monday, July 10, 2006

I Need A Vacation

It's only Monday, but it sure seems like it ought to be at least Wednesday.  It was a very long and rough day at work. Two-fifths of my department was out today, and pretty much will be every day this week.  Us worker bees have been very busy, and it's only going to get busier as the week goes on. There's also been a ton of things going on outside of work with the VFW, church, and a calendar full of events that have had me practically meeting myself coming and going for the past couple of months. The only thing that will get me through this week is the fact that I'm on vacation next week.  For eleven days I won't have to go in to work.  That will be heavenly.  Never fear - you'll have a new journal entry every day while I'm on vacation. I could take the easy way out and just copy some of my most popular journal entries and re-post them, but you, my faithful readers, deserve better than that.

We jumpstarted my vacation yesterday by having a big fish fry at The Compound. It was an awesome time. It was nothing fancy - just a fish fry with walleye brought from the 'rents' trip to Canada, an awesome hashbrown casserole (made by fellow Diva Stacy) and one of the best chocolate cakes for dessert.  The best part was the people that attended the party - the 'rents and I were surrounded by family.  Not blood family, but what we call heart family - people that we are related to by our hearts.  The partiers were even treated to an evening full of karaoke, led by yours truly.  The last stragglers went home at about a quarter till ten last night.  A good time was truly had by all.

No comments: