Sunday, July 16, 2006

Link Of The Week

I received a new scam email this week.  No, I wasn't duped into giving out my credit card information; the scammers and phishers have to get up pretty early to pull one over on ol' Puddin.  But this new scam tactic was fairly believable.  The email was from a supposed eBay seller, demanding to know why I haven't paid for the item that I was the supposed winning bidder.  I read the email at first, because I thought that with all of the stuff I get on eBay, there was a chance I hadn't paid for an item.  Then I read the email and realized I didn't bid on an amethyst ring.  I went to the security section on eBay and forwarded them the email, and got a reply back from eBay saying they've had lots of reports of this scam going around.

I found a site this week that will give you all the infomation you need to know about scams, phishing, identity theft, and spyware. Just take a look at http://www.scamerica.org.  The site is legit, and you won't get spyware or a virus from it.  In fact, there's nothing to download - it's just an informational site, and a good one at that.  They list all the latest scams going on, and have an area where you can post about new scams that you've encountered.  Take a look.  It might save you alot of headaches in the future.

No comments: