Friday, July 14, 2006

Let The Vacation Start

I don't think I've worked as hard in my job as I did this week. Most people put it on cruise control and coast through the week before their vacation; not me.  Half of my department was out all week long, and I'm not too proud to admit that it wore me out.  Wednesday evening, I attempted to watch the Tuesday and Wednesday episodes of "All My Children" but I fell asleep after about fifteen minutes and when I woke up, the tape had run out and all I saw on the TV screen was black and white snow.  I was so tired I slept for almost two hours.  Needless to say I didn't sleep worth a dime that night, but at least I had a nice two hour nap earlier in the evening, so it all evened out.  A rough week at work combined with the heat and humidity this week has me zoned out.  Add to that the normal VFW and Ladies Auxiliary drama, and you've got one tired old girl. I can't wait to get to bed tonight so I can get some rest and sleep in tomorrow morning.  Instructions have already been given to wake me up only if the house is on fire or if there is an accident involving body dismemberment and blood.  If the 'rents stay away from an open flame or a chain saw, then I should be ok on my sleeping in.  I'll let you know tomorrow.

No comments: