Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Happy Birthday, America

TWIT would like to wish a very happy birthday to the United States of America.  She's 230 years old today.  It's the day that we celebrate our independence and freedom.  Truthfully, we should celebrate that every day of the year.  But as we all know, July 4 is the day we set aside to officially celebrate.  At last night's free concert down on the waterfront, all 150,000 in attendance were reminded of that at least a dozen times by the artists. I'm not dissing that - I think it's cool.  And because of our freedoms that we have, those artists could stand on the stage and say that and give their political opinions.  I don't think too many musical artists in Iraq or North Korea could stand on a stage and say that.  Well, they could, but they would probably be beheaded as soon as they got off their soap box.  

Regardless of what political party you belong to, or whatever political or governmental or Presidential beliefs you have, we can all say what we want to.  Sure, some of the Hollywood stars get on my nerves with their rantings and ravings, but I try to overlook it, just because they have the right to say whatever they feel.  And thanks to our forefathers who signed the Declaration of Independence 230 years ago, I have the freedom to write whatever I want to in my journal.  Thank you, forefathers, and God Bless America.

No comments: