Saturday, July 8, 2006

I Was Almost A Thug

I made a quick trip to the grocery store today, knowing full well it was Saturday morning which meant the parking lot and the store would be packed, but I went any way.  I was surprised to find an empty parking spot just a few spaces down from the end of the row.  I whipped there and then I realized why this spot was empty: the empty spot was right next to PT Cruiser that had "Lab Corp" painted on the sides.  No wonder - who in their right mind would want to park next to a Lab Corp vehicle?  If I'd been a thug, I might have jacked that PT Cruiser, or took a tire iron and busted out the headlights.

In case you're one of the few healthy people that have never had to have any medical tests, you might not know about Lab Corp.  Lab Corp is the place where doctors send their tests.  If you've ever had tests run, then you are very familiar with Lab Corp.  You'll have a bill from them practically waiting for you when you get home from the doctor's office; yes, they are that quick.  They are also the last to bill your insurance company, which means they will worry you to death about getting paid.  They're the thorn in the sides of my co-workers at ZCO.  Last fall, one of the guys in engineering was still battling with Lab Corp over a bill from when his wife was in the hospital delivering their baby; the baby was now two-years old.  I have my own experience with Lab Corp.  In February of 2002, I had to have a CT scan on my lungs after I had a nasty upper respiratory infection.  In the summer of 2004, Lab Corp finally finally filed the proper paperwork with my insurance company. It makes no sense.  So now you see why I wanted to jack that car this morning. 

No comments: