Friday, September 10, 2004

This Means War

I was the victim of a hate crime last night.  Sometime between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 7:30 a.m., my BMW was attacked by a raccoon.

As soon as I opened the garage door this morning, I noticed our small step ladder had fallen in front of the freezer.  This didn't raise a lot of suspiscion, since the ladder is usually kept in the corner by the freezer, so I thought it might have gotten knocked over when Dad putting some things away in the garage last night.  Then I saw the sight that made my blood run cold - a plastic bucket was on the hood of my BMW.  I checked for scratch marks, only to find about 100 paw/foot/hand prints all over the car.  This means war.

I was fairly sure the prints were from a raccoon, but I saw Steve next door and asked him to confirm.  Steve and my Dad have a vendetta against the groundhogs, but now that a raccoon has attacked my car, they are taking it personally.   It's my prediction that the attacker will be caught before the weekend is over. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The little masked bandit better keep his paws off Merle!  If the garage door was shut, does that mean he was still in there when you opened the door?  He may have been trapped in there all night!

Anonymous said...

Who knows how long the varmint has been in there? Nadine next door said she saw him earlier this week on their light pole.  She thought it was cat at first.  We've still got the trap in the garage, along with my car, to use as bait.  In reality, he's probably in someone else's garage or barn by now.  But the neighbors still have an APB out on him.