Friday, September 24, 2004

Demon Possession

I'm Baptist, but I'm calling a priest to perform an exorcism.  My car is possessed. 

I pulled into the garage last night and was walking toward the house when something caught my attention.  I looked back and saw the hazard lights flashing.  At first I thought I might have hit the switch with my purse or something.  I pressed the button and they still kept flashing.  After pressing the button half a dozen times, they finally went off.  Five minutes later, Mom said "Your lights are flashing again." I ran out to the garage and hit the button a few more times and they went off.  This time I thought that maybe the raccoon had come back to the garage and that he climbed on the car and set off the alarm.  I came back into the house, only to have a visiting neighbor say "Your lights are flashing again."  So I went back out to the garage, and hit the button a few more times, only this time they didn't go off.  In exasperation, I popped the hood and found the fuse box and got a pair of needle-nosed pliers and took out the fuse that went to the hazard flashers.  That stopped it.  But it also stopped my turn signals.  I was fed up and didn't want to worry with it last night - it was Mom's birthday and I wanted to get back to the party. 

This morning before I left for work, I got the needle-nosed pliers back out and put the fuse back in so I could safely drive to work with turn signals.  I parked in a spot next to the office building, where the receptionist has a clear view of the car so she can call me if she sees the lights flashing.  As a precaution, I brought the needle-nosed pliers with me today just in case. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's what you get for buying one of them Fancy cars Lol...........