Sunday, September 26, 2004

Link of the Week

Remember the "Smokey and the Bandit" movies?  They were bringing Coors beer across the country from the west coast to the east where it wasn't available.  I visited a friend in Philadelphia a few years ago and fell in love with a northeast delicacy called Tastee Cakes.  Every few months, she would send me a shoebox full of them because they weren't available here in the south.  My cousin, who used to live in Idaho, would bring back a suitcase full of Big Red because it wasn't available in the northwest.  You probably have your own story. 

This week, I found a website where you can order treats like these and many, many others.  It's www.hometown-treats.com.  Now that Coors is available nationwide, we don't have to worry about that, but thanks to hometown-treats.com, west coast sweet lovers can experience the joy that only a Little Debbie Nutty Bar can bring.  But not just sweets can be ordered from this site - you can get Chicago deep-dish pizza, New York bagels, and a ton of other cool foods.  The site is secure, so you won't need to worry about ordering and using your credit card.  Go ahead - get some Tastee Cakes today. 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can equate.  I begged my grandma to ship me Tony Chacherie's while I lived in NY.  The food was sooo bland.  Tony's (as we call it) is a great seasoning.  I wonder if you can get Canadian products at this website.  I could use some salt and vingear chips and ketchup chips.  Ahh.  memories of sitting in my dorm with my teammates munching on yummy Canadian foods that my Canadian roommate would sneak across the border from home.  Too bad you can't get stuff like Putin (don't know if that's spelled right) Putin is french fries, gravy, and cheese melted on top.  It was my fav at school in NY.  My Canadian teammates taught me about it and I made Gumbo for them.  They loved it!

Anonymous said...

Say no more, Courtney - I'll pack up a box of salt and vinegar chips and send them to you.  I haven't seen ketchup chips before, though.  

Incidentally, I tried salt and vinegar chips for the first time this May during the Divas infamous trip to Nashville.  They rocked.  I bought them at the coolest truck stop, just before you cross the state line into TN.  I also bought a cool item at the truck stop - it was a very hi-tech aluminum briefcase, like you see people using on the soap operas and detective shows.  It was only $19.99 - I just couldn't pass it up.  Stacy thought it was very Knots Landing, and would look good in the BMW.