Tuesday, September 7, 2004

Get Well Soon, Bill

I'm always surprised when I hear of someone in seemingly good health having to undergo emergency open heart surgery.  I was really shocked when I heard Bill Clinton had to have quadruple by-pass surgery.  My first thought was how his is an avid runner.  From what I've read, he jogs every day, and plays a lot of golf, too.  But then I also thought of how the press liked to talk about his love of Big Macs. The most startling news came when Clinton's doctors said that he was in such bad shape that he would have probably had a heart attack within the next two weeks.  Talk about a wake-up call.

I guess we probably would be as shocked as Bill and Hillary if the doctors checked out our arteries.  The news of Clinton's emergency surgery made me think twice this weekend a few times -- I made myself go do my daily walk instead of sitting in the recliner watching tv, and I passed up stopping at White Castle yesterday evening on my way home from the ballgame. 

No comments: