Wednesday, September 29, 2004

A Journal Milestone

Thanks to you, my faithful readers, just a few minutes ago, my journal was visited for the 1000th time. (I'm pretty sure the honorary millenium poster was Stacy, a title she will brag about for some time.)  Some of you doubters might say "she probably went to the site herself every day and kept hitting the refresh button a hundred times."  Au contraire.  When I post an entry to the journal, or even go to view it like you all do, my visits don't count as hits on the counter.  So it's all about you!!

As Rocky the Squirrel would say, "And now here's something we hope you really like" - I have some awesome news I want to share with you: this afternoon, I received an email from the Journal Editor at AOL, saying that That'sWhat I'm Thinking has been chosen to be listed on the main page of the AOL Journals section, and it is in the running for Top 5 Editor's Picks!! How awesome is that???  And once again, I have my readers and commenters to thank. Thank you for taking the time and effort to get to my journal and read and leave a comment. 

My biggest fear is that someone will read a post and say, "Damn, that was lame."  I try my hardest to make the posts something that I would want to read.  If you have any suggestions for posts, top ten lists, or anything else, please email me or leave a comment.  I'd love to hear from you.

And as the King would say, thank you, thank you very much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he wasn't my king.........he was the prince........(he even said my singer was his favorite singer and thought him the only real threat to his career.......enough said)
Am I ate up or what?

Anonymous said...

Aren't we just full of piss and vinegar up in Booneville this morning.  You have me over a barrel, BLG Mama - I can't say anything too derogatory (not that I would any way) about Roy because you'll retaliate and won't ship my plastic parts to me.  Plus you'll make fun of me at the next company Christmas party.  So I'll stay on your good side and just say that you are very passionate about the late great Roy Orbison.  Incidentally, I think he would have been very proud of k.d.'s version of "Crying."

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, my friend on 1000 hits.  I enjoy reading your journal and since it's been picked to go on the AOL main page, hopefully others will enjoy it as well.