Wednesday, September 1, 2004

New Product Review

Has anyone tried the new Mountain Dew Pitch Black?  I'm taking a neutral stance on it.  The label says it's supposed to have a "blast of black grape and other natural flavors."  The other natural flavors overpowered the black grape, because I didn't think it was grapey at all. It wasn't bad, though, for a sugar- and caffeine-filled soft drink.  One thing was cool about it, though - when I poured some into a white paper cup filled with ice, as the soft drink foamed up, the foam was Smurf blue.  

I don't care much for Mountain Dew's other products, the orange-flavored one and the Code Red.  They shouldn't tamper with perfection - you can't beat the regular yellowish-green Mountain Dew.  I wish they would bring back the bottle packaging from the early 70's with the little Hillbilly man. 

If you want to try Pitch Black, you only have 2 months - it won't be available after October 31. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And now there's Mountain Dew Baja Blast, available exclusively at Taco Bell.  Not bad, but not as good as the original.  Thanks for reminding me about the original hillbilly bottle.  How funny.  Wonder if I can find one of those on ebay?

Anonymous said...

I just looked and there's tons of Mountain Dew hillbilly stuff on Ebay.  Don't bid on anything, though, Stacy - I bid on something to give you as a surprise.  Ebay rocks, does it not?