Monday, May 4, 2015

Monday, Monday

Mondays have suddenly become crappy days, and today was no exception.  The day started out crappy with the old Blazer having a turn signal issue.  Of course, it wasn't something as simple as replacing the bulbs in the rear taillights; it involves replacing a module and a switch, all to the tune of $500.  But all in all, still approximately what some of my friends are spending each month for a car payment.  And I checked my records, and this is the first time that these parts have been replaced on my Blazer (which is a 1996 model).  So I really can't complain too much on that.  Then the day got even more crappy, with me having to move up a deadline on a mega spreadsheet project for my boss.  Add to that the fact I was worried sick all day about Dad -- he and Mom were going to plant the garden today and I was a nervous wreck, worrying about him overdoing it and having problems.  Well, that was useless worrying.  He did fine, other than admitting that he did get tired.  But hey - he's 82 years old and just had quadruple bypass two months ago. 

But the day took a turn for the better and ended great.  I went to my first Bats game of the season.  And Monday games are Baseball Bingo.  The first person to get a bingo wins a $50 gift card to Meijers.  And guess who won???? Puddin!!  I plan to use the gift card to buy a new pair of New Balance tennis shoes this week. 

So Monday wasn't so bad after all.

No comments: