Friday, May 29, 2015

Who Says There's No Such Thing As A Free Lunch?

I'm not a moocher - my friends, family and coworkers will tell you that.  But if it is offered, I'm all about a free lunch.  

This week, I had not one, not two, but three free lunches!!  The first and best of them all was courtesy of my dear friend, faithful reader and coworker SH who treated me to a burger and shake at Steak N Shake on Wednesday.   Yesterday and today, the free lunches were courtesy of my company, specifically the marketing and sales department, who had two all-day meetings including catered lunches.  Our lunchroom was lucky to get their leftovers.  Yesterday, I had an awesome roast beef sandwich and some great sea salt potato chips, and today I had some pulled chicken and awesome White Lightning sauce.  

I'm pretty sure my luck won't hold out next week and I will be back to bringing my lunch everyday, but it was sweet while it lasted. 

No comments: